Chocolate Chip Cookie
What bakery program is complete without a chocolate chip cookie? This chocolate chip cookie recipe is easy, delicious, and goes perfectly with a piping hot cup of 700 mixed with a little (or a lot) of milk.
Customize our chocolate chip cookie recipe by adding in any other sort of mix-in.
Yield: 12 Cookies
1 stick (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups mix-ins: chocolate chips, M&Ms, nuts, white chocolate... whatever you desire!
1. In the bowl of the stand mixer using the paddle attachment, combinethe butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, ~2-4 minutes. Scrape down the sides ofthe mixing bowl.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium stainless steel bowl, whisk togetherthe all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
3. Once the butter and sugars are creamed, add in the egg and vanillauntil mixed thoroughly. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
4. Add in the flour mixture and mix on low speed until fully incorporated. Do not over-mix. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
5. Add the mix-ins until just combined.
6. Portion using a portioning scoop or spoon onto a parchment orsilicone-lined baking tray.
7. Place 6-8 cookies on the tray, leaving enough room for spreading.
8. Bake at 350° F for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown.