Irish Coffee can be as simple as adding coffee liqueur to coffee. We like ours a lot more than that.
This recipe contains a hit of honey simple syrup to give it a more natural dose of sweetness, and then a good dollop of heavy whipping cream to provide a wonderful bit of creamy texture. A double-punch of different whiskeys rounds out the drink.
And of course we use our favorite coffee to really dial up the quality. We recommend using either 700 or Cafe Kaldi for the coffee portion of this recipe. These very balanced blends provide the perfect amount of chocolate and caramel to go with the other tastes of the recipe.
- .5 oz 2:1 brown sugar simple syrup*
- 5 oz honey simple syrup**
- 8 oz hot coffee
- .75 oz Jameson Stout Cask Irish Whiskey
- .75 oz Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey
- 4 oz heavy whipping cream
* To make 2:1 brown sugar simple syrup, use 2 parts brown sugar to every 1 part water
** To make honey simple syrup, combine 1 part honey with 1 part water
- Combine both simple syrups, coffee, and whiskeys in the glass or mug you’re drinking from
- In a shaker, shake heavy whipping cream for 5 - 6 seconds
- With a spoon facing up on the surface of the beverage, gently pout the cream into the spoon to help it float
- Add as much cream as you want to taste and enjoy