Accounting Specialist Job Opportunity
Kaldi’s Coffee Roasting Company is looking for an Accounting Specialty to join our Business Team in St. Louis, MO.
Position: Accounting Specialist
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Job Type: In-person
Position Description & Details
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Experience handling complex bank reconciliations.
- Proven ability to work with limited supervision.
- Proven ability to work with limited supervision
- Able to follow directions and willing to ask clarifying questions
- Technical experience with computers that includes:
- Computerized accounting programs
- Competence with Microsoft office products
- Understanding of the windows file structure and ability to work with it
- Quickbooks and Microsoft Dynamics GP, a PLUS, but not required
- Problem-solving ability and willing to work with sometime difficult and uncomfortable situations
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Able to work as a team - we value those that work with a strong team mentality
- Able to sit long hours in a high work volume environment
- At minimum 1 year practical accounting experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconcile bank deposits
- Balance and receive all sales and payments from various Online platforms (Faire, Amazon, Shopify, Square, Uber Eats, Grubhub, etc.)
- Process incoming payments by check, credit card and EFT
- Sales import to accounting system via Shogo and GetLinked software
- Prepare journal entries for review.
- Manage accounts payable and receivables.
- Update Inventory and Sales management software with Customer info
- Update Inventory spreadsheets monthly with new items and substitutes
- Inter-store transfer
- Enter EOM journal entries for cost of goods sold based on the current categories
- Handle the month-end and year-end closing process
- Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts and invoices via the platforms provided by the company
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Collaborates with other members of the business department
- Meets deadlines
- $45,000.00 - $52,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Lots of free specialty coffee with one take home bag per week
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Louis, MO 63110: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required). This is an in-person position.
- CPA (Preferred)
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Accounting Specialist Job Opportunity".