Our Peach Galette is the perfect recipe to make with all the fresh summer peaches.
» 1.5 cups frozen or fresh peaches (thaw & drain if using frozen)
» 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
» 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
» 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
» 1 Tbsp cold unsalted butter,cut into very small cubes
» 1 egg-- for egg wash on the edges
» Raw sugar-- around edges before baking
2. Using a rolling pin, roll each pie crust out about 1” beyond its normal circumference. Don't worry about being precise, as a galette is supposed to look rustic and homemade.
3. Add ~1/3 cup of peach mix to the middle of each crust and dot witha few pieces of the cold butter.
4. Fold the edges of the crust over the filling, leaving the middle exposed.
5. Make an egg wash by scrambling an egg with a dash of water.Brush the edges of the galettes with the egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar.
6. Lay galettes on a parchment-lined baking tray and bake at 425°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and bubbling inside.