This iced vanilla latte recipe takes only a few minutes to make, and is so refreshing! We have been serving these at our coffee shops for many years and it is routinely on the list of most popular drinks no matter the season.
Here, we aim to bring you a couple options with your vanilla portion - we make ours in house, but you can also use extract.
Either way, be sure to pair your Iced Vanilla Latte with delicious, high quality specialty coffee - our recipe uses either cold brew from one of our Kaldi's Cold Brew cans (you can also make whatever cold brew you like), or a shot of espresso.
Bring the classic delicious pairing of coffee and vanilla home.
Watch Kiersten make an Iced Vanilla Latte!
FOR MORE RECIPES, GO TO:
Iced Vanilla Latte Recipe
Iced Coffee Drink
The delicious pairing of coffee and vanilla, the Iced Vanilla Latte takes only a few minutes to make and is so refreshing! This drink is one of the most popular items in our coffee shops no matter the time of year or the time of day: it simply makes for the perfect companion to any morning or early afternoon. Once you make it, you'll see why the Vanilla Latte is a coffee-classic.
The vanilla extract makes enough for about a month's worth of daily drinks (depending on how fast you drink these!). We definitely recommend not skimping on the coffee portion - better coffee, better latte.
Alternative or whole milk, 7-8oz
Kaldi's Coffee Cold Brew can (or your own cold brew), 4oz or 1 shot espresso (~2oz)
Vanilla beans/vanilla extract
8 cups sugar
5 cups water
3.5 oz vanilla extract
5-6 vanilla beans
1 cup vodka
8 oz jar with lid- soak for 8 weeks
For the Drink
For the Vanilla Simple Syrup (makes about 40 servings)
To make homemade Vanilla Extract
Combine the ingredients for the Vanilla Simple Syrup
Simmer to melt/dissolve (takes 8-10 minutes when using cooler water). Once it’s dissolved, decant pot into a measuring cup or small pitcher.
Add about 1 oz or so of the vanilla syrup to a glass.
Add about 4oz cold brew (or 2oz of espresso) then fill glass with about 7 or 8 oz milk.
Top with ice to taste
- When covered properly, the vanilla syrup will last 1 month in the refrigerator and makes enough for about a month's worth of daily drinks.
- You can substitute the vanilla extract for fresh vanilla bean (like we do in our cafes).
- Kaldi's Coffee Cold Brew Cans can be found in our cafes or in local grocers. See our page for more information.
- Of course, you can make your own cold brew too! Follow our guide for using a Toddy here: Kaldi's Coffee Toddy Recipe
- You can also make a strong coffee concentrate in an Aeropress for the coffee portion.