Orange Almond Muffin
Our Orange Almond Muffin is one of our most popular seasonal bakery items. It is made without gluten ingredients and is vegan friendly! This recipe yields 12 muffins total.
1.75 cups Bob's Red Mill 1:1 GF Flour(or sub all-purpose flour)
1/2 cup fine cornmeal
1 orange, zested and juiced
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
1.5 tsp pure almond extract
1 cup orange juice (from reserved juice, then supplement with boxed OJ if necessary)
Topping: Raw sugar before baking
1. In a large metal bowl whisk together the flour, cornmeal, orange zest, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Using a stand or hand mixer, mix together the granulated sugar, oil, almond extract and orange juice until smooth.
3. Slowly add in the dry mixture to the wet and mix on lowuntil just combined.
4. Line muffin pan with muffin liners.
5. Portion batter evenly into muffin liners (~1/4 cup each) leaving some room between the batter and the top of the liner. Top with ~1/2 tsp raw sugar each
6. Bake at 325° F for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.