Sales and Business Development Lead Job Opportunity
Position: Sales and Business Development Lead
Reports to: Head of Sales and Business Development
This dynamic position will work with the Kaldi’s Coffee team of cross-functional leaders to grow brand awareness, market share and customer development, highlighting the brand value through expertise, products and communication. This person will need to be self-driven and goal oriented with proven ability to plan, track, and execute key metrics. You must also possess excellent communication skills, the ability to work within a team and independently, strong analytical and leadership skills and represent the Kaldi’s brand with passion and positivity.
Three to five years of general sales, account service, customer relationship development experience required in the beverage, hospitality, agency or related fields is preferred. This role requires structured project management, passion for coffee, and ability to tell the brand’s unique story, products/service offerings through a mix of field engagement with customer, written and verbal communication. You will lead strategic planning and execution with cross-functional subject matter experts at the Roasting facility to bring unique solutions to life for our customers and internal workflow.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of three to five years of professional experience
- Ability to manage and focus on the business development of current wholesale customers and growth of new within established or untapped customer segments
- Ability and willingness to learn, develop and train on Kaldi’s Coffee & the Specialty Coffee Association’s specs and standards of coffee, espresso, tea, and equipment.
- Ability to utilize data analytics and CRM tools to communicate internally with the Kaldi’s team and externally with wholesale customers on results and expectations
- Establish and maintain communication (outbound and inbound) schedule with wholesale/distributor customers
- Meet company sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating strategic plan
- Plan brand activation and associated investment and resource needs
- Assist with ad hoc projects/analysis supportive of key initiatives or top company projects
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or the business community
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve increased market visibility, brand awareness and sales performance through strategic initiatives and creative ideas
- Perform the processes necessary to sell the Kaldi’s Coffee portfolio through designated local/regional/national accounts
- Integrate regional and national retail initiatives to assure effective wholesaler execution with Leadership alignment
- Attend key wholesaler business planning meetings and quarterly reviews as it pertains to the business
- Collaborate with marketing to support channel strategy through effective promotions, merchandising, and specialty package development
- Identify opportunity/focus markets, industries or customer segments to pursue or deepen footprint and integrate into business priorities
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable and build strong rapport with the key decision makers for all accounts
- Manage schedule and appropriate cadence to connect with customers on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis based off priorities and business dynamics, with reliable availability to the customer via phone or email
- Assist with gathering data, identifying trends, and go-forward plan needed to complete monthly Sales Performance Review meetings
- Develop department administrative capabilities to communicate and align on programs with constituents, maintain pricing database.
- Work with Supply Chain to identify and optimize coffee/tea/allied product (paper goods/smallwares/sauces/syrups, etc) shipments to wholesalers. Manage customer communication on changes and rollouts.
- Identify opportunities and communicate with customers to grow incremental quantities of products to achieve targets and support their unique business needs
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Sales and Business Development Lead Job Opportunity".