Coffee Roasted Beets
Coffee Roasted Beets are great on beet salad with goat cheese, arugula, pistachios, and a simple lemon vinaigrette. They can also be served as a side dish for steak or burgers.
We recommend experimenting with different single origin coffees in this recipe to get your preferred flavor profile.
- 2 pounds red beets
- 2 pounds gold beets
- 1/2 pound ground coffee
- 1/2 pound Kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 400° F
2. Remove the tops and bottom of the beets, leaving skin on
3. Mix salt and coffee, then spread in two separate roasting pans
4. Keeping the red and gold beets separate, coat the beets in coffee salt and situate upright in the roasting pans with coffee salt
5. Cover roasting pans with foil and roast for 30 minutes
6. Check for doneness and rotate; cook an additional 10-15 minutes until fork tender
7. Allow beets to cool in roasting pans, peel skin, and cut into ½ inch cubes
8. Keep red and gold beets separate until plating