We are pleased to announce that on Tuesday, July 1, we'll be opening our sixth cafe in St. Louis! Located in the Farrell Learning & Teaching Center at the Washington University School of Medicine, "Kaldi's at Farrell" will be open Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Our General Manager will be Nick Stewart, who comes to us from our Kayak's location. Nick spent almost four years at Kayak's, and we're excited to have him lead Kaldi's at Farrell.
Here are a few more details about the cafe:
- We'll be calling this Kaldi's at Farrell, or we may sometimes refer to it as Farrell Cafe.
- Our grand opening is on Tuesday, July 1 at 6:30 a.m.
- The address is 520 S. Euclid, zip 63110. We're right next to Barnes-Jewish Hospital, in the Farrell Learning & Teaching Center. Click here to see a map. Our location is actually a few steps north of the red pin Google has on that map.
- The cafe is just south of the Central West End Metrolink stop, and within walking distance of dozens of businesses and medical buildings in the area.
- For those driving to see us, the best approach is to find metered parking on Scott Ave, which is off Taylor, just east of our location. Then walk west on Scott until the street ends, and enter the Farrell Learning & Teaching Center. Walk west through the atrium and we're on the right.
- As previously mentioned, our hours will be Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. As the Farrell Learning & Teaching Center is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, we'll be closed those days as well.
- To be clear, this cafe will be open to the general public. You won't need a pass or anything like that to get into the building. While we'll be serving a population that works at the Farrell Learning & Teaching Center and in surrounding medical buildings, all are welcome at Kaldi's at Farrell!
The cafe experience:
- We'll be offering our full coffee menu: espresso, pourovers (handbrews), frozen drinks, and single origin coffees.
- We'll serve breakfast and lunch, including bakery goods baked on site every morning. That's worth mentioning again - all bakery items will be baked fresh on site every morning.
- Our menu will be vegetarian, somewhat similar to our Demun cafe's menu. We'll have dine-in and carryout, including great grab-and-go options.
- Yes, we will have wifi! There is a guest wifi network that works throughout the building.
We don't open new cafes too often, so we're pretty excited about this new spot. Months of planning, four to five days of intense construction and renovation, and we should be good to go on Tuesday. Special shoutouts need to go to the Kaldi's employees who have worked tirelessly to get this place open. Marcus, Amanda, Keith, Louis, Josh, Tyler, Tricia, our tech Mark who did the equipment install, and our construction crew. Thank you, guys!
See you at Kaldi's at Farrell!
Some before shots:
Some almost-after shots!